Monday, January 25, 2010

Wow, Do I Feel Amazing

I feel fantastic. It's only my second day and I already feel great. I ate a lot today, but ate mostly fruit so I stayed within my limit of 1,300 calories. I can't help but imagine how wonderful I'm going to feel after I drop 5 pounds and then 10, 15, and so on... I'll be even happier when my thighs no longer touch.

I have drug a friend of mine to participate in my weight-loss experience. She worked out with me tonight and I found it fun. For the first time in my life, running was a fun experience. That's something I've never felt before. I usually just hop on the elliptical for a half hour, but I've decided to train for a 5K run. I have no idea where I got that idea because I've always been a horrible runner, but somehow I got the idea. Today was merely 30 minutes of mixed jogging and running and was immensely refreshing, especially after I took a nice hot shower. Two more days of working out this week before I can move on to the next stage of my training.

I realized tonight after discussing how to eat healthy with my friend today that I could be onto something life-changing. After all I've been through the last two and a half years, I deserve this. I deserve to feel wonderful about my looks, not to be just accepting of them. I've sorted out my mind, my emotions, and my amazing ability to be a pack-rat. Now all that's really left is my body. It's been a long two and a half years and now I should have a reward.

I deserve this, damnit. And I also deserve the movie tickets I bet my friend, John. The bet is that I can lose a higher percentage of weight than he can in six weeks. Men have an easier time with this so I'm looking forward to buying tickets for two skinnier people the day the bet is over. Come March 8th, I will know for sure. (I'm going to take him though.)

It's on.

No comments:

Post a Comment