Sunday, February 7, 2010

After a few days, great success!

I had what I thought to be a rough week which turns out to be quite a good one. I had trouble doing my 5K training on Thursday so Friday wasn't very fun in the gym. I felt demoralized and defeated. A great Saturday workout reinstated my hope in ellipticals though so I've found a new routine that works better for me. I'm now on the treadmill three times a week doing the 5K training and then on the elliptical for a half hour after. On the days I'm not doing my 5K training I'm on the elliptical for an hour. I've thought about taking a day or two off but I enjoy the internal clean feeling I get afterwards. And then, after a hot shower and a cup of tea? There is nothing that beats that feeling.

Looking back on my old posts and the pictures I took (Yes, I know I need to post new ones) I can't believe I was okay with looking like that. I'm missing the glow. I'm starting to get it back, or so I'm told. That's comforting. I also realize how much I really didn't want to work out. I just wanted to play sports. I'm working out almost every day now without too much of a problem. I've also dragged a couple more people to the gym with me and have an offer to play racquetball. I've gotten more people on board and that makes me feel great! That's the whole point of this entire thing, including this blog: to inspire people to make a life-changing decision and help them accept their bodies and fix what they would like to fix. It's really the most delicious thing I've ever done. For example, tonight for dinner I cooked for a good friend of mine. We had salmon on a bed of spinach covered with sautéed zucchini, squash and roma tomatoes, with a side of steamed broccoli and carrots and 1/4 cup of cottage cheese. The meal totaled at 233 calories. I was stuffed! And it was delicious! I used to have a box of stuffing for dinner. So long to those days. I don't ever want to eat like that again.

I had a fantastic day today which started with me working out for an hour. Ate wonderful food all day long and didn't even come close to my calorie allotment. My weight measurement shocked the hell out of me today. I lost 2.4 pounds the last two days!! That brings my total up to 6.6 pounds!! And I have my new measurements:

Arms: 13 (-1)
Chest: 36.5" (-1.75)
Bust: 39.5 (-2)
Waist: 35
Stomach: 39 (-1.25)
Hips: 44.75 (-1)
Thigh: 26.25 (-1.75)

That's a total of 8.75 inches! Holy cow!! Today is the two-week mark. My, has it gone by quickly. I didn't realize that I could be the weight I want already had I started sooner. But I try not to dwell on that. I feel great and people are noticing. That's a good thing. I'm ahead of schedule by 2.6 pounds. I can't believe how easy this is!

No comments:

Post a Comment