Monday, February 15, 2010

Bye-bye plateau

The change did show on the scales!! I'm back down from 190 to 187.1. I knew I'd lost weight because of how my stomach felt this morning. It's amazing when I know I've lost weight. Awesome! I've been waiting to see 187 the last week. I actually did a little dance off the scale this morning. Perseverance has paid off. :D The fiber and change in exercise did the trick. I did some ab exercises, push-ups, and yoga and strength training. I'll have to kick up the weight training though. I'm not doing enough. I also started back on my 5k training last night. It went surprisingly well after not having done it all week. I've been on the elliptical all week so at least I didn't feel like I was going to pass out starting back up like I did. I even ran more than the schedule said to which is awesome. I'm right on target. Only 5 more weeks before I should be able to run 3 miles in 30 minutes; something I have never been able to do before.

I spent last night thinking about what my rewards should be for each 10 pound mark I hit. I'm 2.1 pounds from my 10 pound mark. So far, the only two rewards I can think of are the new ear piercing I want and the tattoo I've wanted for three years. The tattoo is the one I'm most nervous about so that's going to be the 30 pound reward. If I hit 165, I'll go get my tat. I think 10 pounds should be my piercing. I've been wanting my ear pierced again for about a year now so that's something that will come up quick with the new track I'm on. But what to do for the 20 pound mark... (15 minutes later) The only thing I can think of is a nice vintage piece of Jewelry. I was thinking maybe a Victoria Secret bra, but I want to get to the 30 pound mark and 10 extra pounds loss is only going to make that bra useless to me; and they aren't cheap. Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment